BASKETBALL ELECTRONICS HOUSING
Pipeline created a waterproof, removable housing for an innovative electronics package. The device allows basketball shooters to optimize their shooting skills.
Mechanical engineer, Machinist, Assembly technician
DESIGN TOOLS USED:
SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Housing must be easily removable from basketball for battery replacement
- Create watertight seal when stowed in basketball
- Hold position fixed relative to basketball
- Total mass (including electronics) of less than 30g
- Allow sound to escape for user feedback
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
Pipeline was contracted by an innovative sports product manufacturer to produce an electronics housing for a small package meant to fit inside of a basketball. The electronics were battery operated and thus the housing had to be removable for battery replacement. Pipeline employed a plastic snap mechanism that allowed users to comfortably pinch two tabs and remove the entire housing from the ball.
Need some Consumer
Pipeline Design & Engineering provides product development services to established product companies, startups, inventors, and any other groups with design & engineering needs. Please contact us today and let’s get started!