There are many sub-disciplines of expertise within the broad field of mechanical engineering. We have cultivated our team with engineers who excel at performing work that is best described as “mechanical design”. The following are examples of this type of work:
- Designing the physical shape of a medical device or consumer product
- Developing 3D CAD data for hard goods products that can be used by a manufacturer to produce said products
- Engineering the layout of multiple components within an assembly to fit within allowable spaces
- Defining mechanisms that facilitate specific motions or actions to achieve the functional objectives of a product
- Performing calculations & selecting materials to ensure component strengths are suitable for their intended application
Our engineers are proficient designing for many different manufacturing processes:
- Plastic injection molding
- Metal (or plastic) machining
- Sheet metal
- 3D printing
Outside of our carbon fiber-reinforced high-strength 3D printing, Pipeline does not perform any manufacturing in-house. Rather, we have developed strong partnerships over the years with both domestic and overseas vendors who can produce prototype or production quantities of the products we design for our customers. We regularly deliver fully assembled, turnkey products or machines to our customers so they don’t have to deal with the procurement themselves.
Our team can be quickly scaled to engage on projects of varying scope from small to large. If there is an aspect of the project that we cannot handle internally, chances are we have vendors in our network that can (such as advanced FEA or CFD simulations, marketing, or business strategy providers). Contact us for a free consultation of your project.
A few examples of our mechanical design & engineering projects...
ELECTRO-MEDICAL DEVICE PROJECT SUMMARY
Pipeline developed and delivered physical pre-production samples of a medium sized enclosure for a sophisticated medical electronics device.
Industrial Designer, Mechanical Engineer
SolidWorks 3D CAD, Photorealistic Rendering
CART RETROFIT PROJECT SUMMARY
Pipeline created a retrofit system of attachment brackets to integrate new products into an existing medical device cart.
SolidWorks 3D CAD, FEA
Need some Mechanical Design
Pipeline Design & Engineering provides product development services
to established product companies, startups, inventors, and any other groups
with design & engineering needs. Please contact us today and let’s get started!